Head of Biologics Laboratory – Austria – €150,000/€180,000
Global Life Science Hub is partnered with an incredibly unique and revolutionary biotech company that is developing an insane alternative to chemotherapy treatment by creating a unique receptor-binding protein that can fuse multiple immunotherapeutic vaccines to target numerous cancers.
The company’s pipeline includes several promising large molecules and small molecules that have the potential to significantly improve patient outcomes and quality of life. As a result, they are now searching for a new Head of Biologics which will take on the legacy of the current CSO in 12 months with their retirement imminent.
The Head of the Biologics Lab to play a critical role in advancing the organization’s development pipeline. This position will be key in guiding the company’s strategic vision and ensuring efficient daily operations and expansion of lab capabilities.
- Collaborate with the Chief Scientific Officer to establish strategies for the discovery and preclinical R&D efforts, focusing on innovative platforms such as protein degradation, cell-penetrating proteins fused with toxins, gene editing, and other ground-breaking sciences.
- Identify targets for addressing unmet medical needs and capitalize on the commercial potential of therapies.
- Manage a project pipeline through internal R&D, partnerships, licensing, and acquisitions, making proposals based on scientific merit, strategic alignment, and economic value.
- Lead and motivate a team of skilled scientists to implement the development strategy, managing team operations to ensure project progress.
- Oversee the advancement of pipeline projects and collaborations according to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Participate in business development activities, evaluating the quality and fit of external assets and assisting company management in making decisions on asset collaborations.
- Stay informed on scientific discoveries, industry trends, and potential technology-driven opportunities, as well as monitoring competitor activity.
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams, partners, and consultants to plan and execute research and development plans.
- Engage in business initiatives that advance the company’s strategic and business objectives.
- Communicate program progress and issues to senior management and present at national and international conferences as appropriate.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Genetics, or a related field; at least 10 years of industry experience, with a minimum of 2 years in leadership/managerial roles.
- Demonstrated success in advancing discovery projects, ideally including early clinical development.
- Self-motivated scientific leader with a passion for research and a desire to make a meaningful impact in sciences and patient care.
- Relevant publication or patenting track record.
- Team player with the ability to maintain professional and productive relationships with internal colleagues and external collaborators.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
The Global Life Science Hub are a niche Life Science headhunting firm. We place professionals across Europe and the US for a variety of Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and CRO companies ranging from small start-ups to large global organisations.
If you’re interested, please apply below. If this position doesn’t interest you, please visit our website for a list of more vacancies – www.glshub.com