Chief Human Resources Officer – Remote, with strong preference in Europe
Global Life Science Hub has partnered with a world-renowned leader in genomics that offers an incredible range of cutting-edge services across drug development, clinical research, and advanced cell therapies. Our partner, currently with >3000 employees, is at the forefront of innovation, continuously driving the industry forward with a team of experts dedicated to advancing the field of genomics.
With a reputation for delivering high-quality solutions that enable customers to achieve their goals, our partner has established themselves as a go-to provider for top pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms, and healthcare providers worldwide. Their solutions are designed to keep up with the fast-changing and highly competitive industry, making them a valuable partner for any organisation seeking to stay ahead of the curve.
With ambitious plans to sell the company within 5 years, we seek a visionary Chief Human Resources Officer who will play a critical role in implementing global alignment. The successful candidate will lead the charge in harmonising HR practices and strategies across Europe, APAC and the US and will be responsible for further growth in preparation for eventual sale.
- Build and strengthen key capabilities and functionality across regions by leveraging a blend of internal talent, contractors, virtual capabilities, and vendor partnerships to support continuous pipeline development.
- Assist in establishing and executing HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission and strategic vision.
- Act as a strategic advisor to senior management across various business units or speciality groups, providing insights on key organisational and management issues.
- Implement tailored HR plans and strategies in Europe, APAC, and the US to drive the achievement of overall business operations objectives.
- Drive talent strategy and performance management processes, ensuring accountability, feedback mechanisms, and robust documentation for performance outcomes and employee development.
- Guide management and employee actions in alignment with organisational policies and values, effectively communicating and reinforcing these values throughout the organisation.
- Oversee talent acquisition and onboarding processes, collaborating with enterprise leaders to define talent requirements and acquisition strategies aligned with overall business needs.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans that fulfil the human capital requirements aligned with strategic goals.
- Lead the organisation in meeting current and future business needs through human capital development, engagement, motivation, and preservation.
- Ensure structured onboarding and training processes for new hires, supporting job readiness, compliance, and cultural integration while fostering competency development through eLearning platforms and programs.
- Provide overall leadership in Europe, managing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation, benefits, and diversity matters.
- Act as a vital member of the HR Leadership team, contributing to shaping the employee strategy amid company growth and product launches.
- Contribute to global HR initiatives and projects that benefit the entire company, leveraging expertise gained from prior experience in sales or business transitions.
- Facilitate the sharing of HR best practices and efficiencies that enhance employee experiences and benefit all levels within the organisation.
- University degree in a related field or with certification in HR Management
- Experience working at a Global scale, preferably with US companies.
- 15+ years of HR experience; minimum 5 years recent experience in a biotech, pharma or CRO-related field is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience leading HR strategy through a company sale of similar business transitions is highly desired.
- Experience in a start-up and fast-growing environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organisational impact. Strong facilitation & influencing skills; ability to form relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish immediate presence and credibility
- Strong listening and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Global Life Science Hub are a niche Life Science headhunting firm. We place professionals across Europe and the US for a variety of Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and CRO companies ranging from small start-ups to large global organisations.
If you’re interested, please apply below. If this position doesn’t interest you, please visit our website for a list of more vacancies – www.glshub.com