Senior CRISPR Scientist – San Diego, California
Global Life Science Hub have partnered with an incredibly exciting Biotechnology company that have developed a platform that enables real-time detection and analysis of biological molecules such as proteins, DNA, RNA and Cells.
Due to a huge expansion in partnerships with several pharma, biotech and academic institutions we’re now searching for a Senior CRISPR Scientist to develop and commercialise their technology.
- Expertise in CRISPR design and optimization (either animal or plants), including gRNA designs to discriminate between different alleles (based on SNP’s, indels, etc.).
- Design and optimize sample processing, bioconjugation, and surface chemistries with responsibility for integrating those biochemical workflows into new products.
- Explain and present research results orally and in writing, to include external commercial partners as well as internal presentations, external conferences, white papers, and peer reviewed publications
- Perform equally well as a collaborative team member and a strong scientific individual contributor depending on project needs; be highly adaptive to changing project scopes and responsibilities
- Stay up to date with relevant technologies and developments including those relating to molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, and biosensors
- Effectively communicate scientific results and progress across cross-disciplinary teams
- Contribute to building our culture that embraces inclusion, continuous learning, and improvement
- Master’s or PhD in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong background with bioconjugation to surfaces
- Background in molecular genetics
- Proficient in writing and presenting findings
- Passion for working and learning within a scientifically and technically diverse company
- Able to manage and shift focus between multiple projects
The Global Life Science Hub are a niche Life Science headhunting firm. We place professionals across Europe and the US for a variety of Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and CRO companies ranging from small start-ups to large global organisations.
If you’re interested, please apply below. If this position doesn’t interest you, please visit our website for a list of more vacancies – www.glshub.com