Chief Scientific Officer – Austria
Global Life Science Hub has partnered with a revolutionary, small Swiss Pharmaceutical company that is developing an insane alternative to chemotherapy treatment by creating a unique receptor-binding protein that can fuse multiple immunotherapeutic vaccines to target numerous cancers.
Due to the company’s pipeline includes several promising compounds that have the potential to significantly improve patient outcomes and quality of life. As a result, they are now searching for a new Head of Biologics which will take on the legacy of the current CSO in 12 months when they retire.
The appointed candidate will play a critical role in the development pipeline from target discovery through preclinical proof-of-concept, IND filing, and support of early clinical development.
- Set the strategy for discovery and preclinical R&D efforts in novel and innovative platforms, including protein degradation and cell-penetrating proteins fused with toxins, gene editing, and other cutting-edge sciences.
- Contribute to identifying targets to address unmet medical needs and realize the commercial potential of therapies.
- Run a project pipeline through internal R&D, collaboration, license-in, and/or acquisition. Propose projects based on scientific merit, strategic fit, and economic value.
- Lead a team of talented scientists to execute the development strategy. Motivate team members and manage team operations to ensure project progress.
- Drive the progress of pipeline projects and collaborations according to agreed timelines, budget
- Participate in business development efforts, working with other colleagues to assess the quality and fit of external assets. Help company management makes decisions on asset collaboration.
- Stay connected with the scientific community and updated with scientific discoveries and industry trends. Monitor potential technology-driven opportunities and alerts from scientific and commercial competitors.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams, collaborators, and consultants to plan and execute the overall research and development plans.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Genetics, or a related field; 10+ years of industry experience with a minimum of 5+ years in leadership/managerial positions.
- Proved successful track record of advancing discovery projects, ideally including early clinical development.
- Self-motivated scientific leader with a passion for research and a desire to make an impact in sciences and patient conditions
- Relevant publication or patenting track record
- Team player who can maintain professional and productive cooperation with internal colleagues and external collaborators.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- International travel as needed
The Global Life Science Hub are a niche Life Science headhunting firm. We place professionals across Europe and the US for a variety of Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and CRO companies ranging from small start-ups to large global organisations.
If you’re interested, please apply below. If this position doesn’t interest you, please visit our website for a list of more vacancies – www.glshub.com