Global Life Science Hub are looking for a seasoned Pharmaceutical Executive for a fascinating CEO/Managing Director opportunity with a global central laboratory that provides unique lab services including speciality testing, sample management, biomarker, and kits & logistics to a wide range of pharma/biotech companies ranging from start-up to top 10.
Currently operating at $8 billion in revenue and a growth rate of 20% in headcount consecutively for the past 5 years opens up a brand new opportunity for a new leader to take the reins of the Drug Discovery CRO department that currently sits at circa 700 employees.
The newly appointed CEO will be responsible for a reporting line of 4 General Managers and a P&L of $180 Million and will be expected to push the growth of the entire pre-clinical research and drug discovery unit through organic growth, new business, and additional M&As.
- Organizing a growing, flexible, profitable, and as efficient as possible production and ensuring continuous improvement of processes and methods.
- Determining the commercial strategy in line with the companies objectives and business strategy.
- Development of long-term partnerships with key accounts and further expansion of the customer portfolio.
- People management; managing and developing a high-performance team.
- Following market developments and responding efficiently to new opportunities.
- Ensuring customer service, managing, and coordinating registration, reporting and invoicing.
- Guarantee smooth internal cooperation; between sales, sales support, production (laboratories) and logistics
- Ensuring a continuous improvement culture.
- Full budget responsibility and working closely with the group controller for budget monitoring and forecasting
The appointed candidate must be a solid energetic leader who can successfully translate and realise the ambitious growth plans. The ideal candidate is a pragmatic people manager with proven success in leadership, sales and change, managing both an operational and commercial P&L. You have the drive and ambition to continue to grow. You have demonstrable experience in, preferably in a business CRO/Lab organisation.
- Must have a completed life-science degree
- Extensive P&L management experience
- A proven commercial track record; success in managing key accounts and developing new business relations
- Must have experience working your way up, running departments and now overseeing entire business units
The Global Life Science Hub are a niche Life Science headhunting firm. We place professionals across Europe and the US for a variety of Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and CRO companies ranging from small start-ups to large global organisations.
If you’re interested, please apply below. If this position doesn’t interest you, please visit our website for a list of more vacancies – www.glshub.com