Vice President Clinical Operations and Development – Permanent – Remote – United States & EU
The Global Life Science Hub has signed an exclusive partnership with a very up-and-coming, niche, US based, full-service Contract Research Organisation specialising in Rare Oncology diseases. This company of >1,000 employees globally are partnered with some of the most unique and ground-breaking Biotech companies known in the industry.
With a solid 30% growth in 2022, it has seen a considerable increase in its Clinical Operations requirements leading to the appointment of a Vice Present to oversee all operational functions, including Study Startup, Clinical Operations, Project Management, Data Management, Statistics and Medical Writing.
The appointed candidate will drive all functions to excel in operational delivery, exceed customer expectations, and achieve P&L targets. The ideal candidate must come from a CRO background, have a successful track record in winning RFPs and have a proven ability to manage large P&Ls.
- Play a significant role in the development of operational tools, processes, reporting and its implementation which drive operational excellence and consistency across the company
- Support the development of new marketing business development and business contract management processes and tools
- Participates in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Interact with executive leadership, customers, business development, and project teams to coordinate clinical trials and other services for CRO
- Propose new areas where the company should invest to become the best mid-size CRO for
- Responsible for coordinating the acquisition of necessary medical/scientific input from outside
- Represents the Company by attending industry meetings, speaking engagements, participating in booth exhibitions and by publishing scientific or industry related articles in industry journals
- Ensures quality standards are set and maintained over all areas of responsibility
- Responsible for global budget, forecast, profitability and headcount, maintaining a healthy P&L
- Actively participate in company initiatives and development
- Provides overall strategy and direction of clinical trials, processes, and procedures globally
- Participates in customer proposals, Request for Information, presentations, proposal defences and Steering Committees
- A life science degree, a BSc at minimum. Higher education is advantageous
- Strong expertise within Clinical Research. Oncology experience is highly preferred
- Must have previous CRO experience
- Proven ability to work within a matrix environment
- Team leadership experience is critical
- Must have P&L experience
- Extensive RFP bids experience
The Global Life Science Hub are a niche Life Science headhunting firm. We place professionals across Europe and the US for a variety of Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and CRO companies ranging from small start-ups to large global organisations.
If you’re interested, please apply below. If this position doesn’t interest you, please visit our website for a list of more vacancies – www.glshub.com